In what will undoubtedly be their best Christmas ever, 43 children from across the Western Cape will this month receive new smiles, or take another step closer to realising that dream. This will happen as they undergo life-changing surgeries for various facial anomalies as part of the Adcock Ingram Smile Week, hosted at the Tygerberg […]
Prof Guy Richards, Academic Head: Critical Care, at the Wits University, recently presented at the ...
How to integrate it into your practice Non-invasive prenatal testing (NIPT) is becoming the gold ...
Dr Hein van Wyk The exact prevalence of dry eye disease is unknown due to ...
The South African Medical Association is heartened by the statements made recently by the Minister of Health at the HPCSA offices in Pretoria. He was speaking about the outcomes of the report from the Ministerial task team which he had formed to investigate governance and administration issues at the HPCSA. (more…)
As part of Discovery’s vision to make people healthier, the inaugural Discovery Duathlon was launched on 24 and 25 October in Sandton. In partnership with the City of Joburg and the EcoMobility Festival, the Duathlon course took team Super Docs and other participants on a run-cycle-run tour of the Sandton CBD. (more…)
There are 387 million people with diabetes worldwide, according to the International Diabetes Federation (IDF). Diabetes causes five million deaths annually and threatens to derail economic stability due to the billions lost in productivity and healthcare costs. The IDF also predicts that there may be almost 600 million people living with diabetes by 2035. Recognising […]
Bidvest Medical, a division of Bidvest Office, has entered the exciting and demanding mobile occupational health arena with the development of its first mobile health truck, which will be used to screen for TB in prisons around the country. (more…)
The Divisions of pulmonology & neonatology of the Tygerberg Children’s Hospital have pleasure in announcing the 5th conference titled Here be lungs 5. The conference is hosted between 17 & 18 March 2016 at the Lanzerac Hotel in Stellenbosch. (more…)
Follow us on Twitter:
Follow @medchronicle on Twitter
- Adcock Ingram funds facial surgery November 18, 2015
- Sleep quality vs quantity November 18, 2015
- HPCSA report: SAMA supports findings November 18, 2015
- New study impacts HIV vaccine November 18, 2015
- ADHD: One or many conditions? September 15, 2015
- Performing eye examinations on children November 2, 2015
- Registration of specialists in family medicine November 2, 2015
- No confidence in NHI November 16, 2015
- Organ trafficking today is still a protected crime - world.edu: […] professionals were implicated in the Net...
- Scheme rules: It’s war - Medical Chronicle: [...] full letter is available here. Medical Chro...
- Byron Qually » Residential telemedicine device: [...] initiatives have been withdrawn due to their...
- ICON | Independent Clinical Oncology Network | Cancer care: [...] operationalise the ICCCM, ICON and IPAF, in ...