A number of patient groups and other leading health organisations have thrown their weight behind the ‘Fix the Patent Laws’ campaign initiated by Doctors Without Borders (MSF) and the Treatment Action Campaign in 2011. (more…)
Prof Guy Richards, Academic Head: Critical Care, at the Wits University, recently presented at the ...
How to integrate it into your practice Non-invasive prenatal testing (NIPT) is becoming the gold ...
Dr Hein van Wyk The exact prevalence of dry eye disease is unknown due to ...
Cancer patients are some of the sickest patients in the healthcare system and they deserve the best care we have to give. This was the message of Dr Sonia Hitchcock of Kalafong Hospital and the University of Pretoria, who spoke at Adcock’s Pain Summit earlier this year. (more…)
Animal products (meat and dairy) are the sole source of dietary B12 for humans. A typical Western diet contains 5-7mcg of vitamin B12 daily. The RDA for B12 is 2mcg per day. The total body store of B12 is 2-5mg, of which half is stored in the liver. It thus takes years for B12 deficiency […]
4 June 2015 CCSSA Congress 2015 – Adventures in Critical Care 9 – 12 July, Sun City, North West Province Airways Workshop – Thursday 9 July Full Day R 500 Limited Seats Available Maximum 50 participants Click to Register The workshop intends to give a detailed overview to delegates on how to approach […]
Ten years ago, Eloquent Learning Health started as a small company focusing on education and skills enhancement within the field of Wound Management in South Africa. The creative mind behind this innovation was Liezl Naude, who for many years was also part the driving force in establishing the Wound Healing Association of Southern Africa (WHASA) […]
A course by and for the African cardiovascular community The second annual AfricaPCR congress will take place in in Johannesburg, South Africa from 26 –28 March, 2015. Bringing together interventional cardiovascular specialists and cathlab staff from throughout the continent and internationally, AfricaPCR 2015 is dedicated to the advancement of cardiovascular care in Africa. The challenge […]
Follow us on Twitter:
Follow @medchronicle on Twitter
- When a Complaint is Lodged against You at the HPCSA: What to Expect October 8, 2012
- Tips on Vaccinating HIV Patients July 7, 2010
- Medunsa on Its Last Legs? April 4, 2011
- Travel Precautions and Advice for Immunocompromised Patients May 20, 2011
- Fighting for affordable meds July 24, 2015
- Transdermal fentanyl for cancer pain July 24, 2015
- Vitamin B12: An overview July 17, 2015
- Vaccines and antibiotic stewardship July 17, 2015
- Tyrone: Thanks...
- Webmaster: Thank you for your query. The HPCSA replied: Yes, ...
- Dave Shell: It does seem to me that if health care is to be r...
- Webmaster: Thank you for your enquiry. We await comment from ...